jess's blog

Monday, April 11, 2005

The Veranda

Matt and I had our one year anniversary on April 3rd. One year of marriage is a pretty big deal, so it calls for a pretty big gift. After much contemplation we decided to get something that we could both use and enjoy together. Off we went, in search of the perfect set of patio furniture. We looked everywhere and finally found the perfect table, chairs and umbrella combo at the old faithful Walmart. We both immediately fell in love with it. It has 6 chairs with cushions (very cool material I might add), a glass top table in the shape of a sextagon-it has six sides so that's what we called it, and a beautiful umbrella to shade us from the fuzzy fingers that fall from our oak tree. We have spent every evening since we got it sitting out on the newly named "Veranda". I love it, we have confirmed over and over that it was one of our best purchases yet.

Sunday morning I got up early, cooked breakfast and went and got a newspaper so we could enjoy the morning on the veranda. It was fabulous. With no further thinking I hurried up and got ready for church and off we went. When we got home, first let me add that the whole last week we have been going back and forth about the umbrella, I love it and want it out all the time, Matt doesn't think it's necessary. Back to my story, when we got home, we went to the fence to talk to the dogs and noticed that the umbrella had been blown to the other side of the yard. When we looked closer it wasn't just the umbrella. Some how the umbrella was picked up by the wind and apparently held onto the table for dear life so both were tossed to the other side of the yard where upon the glass was shattered, the umbrella was bent and I cried. The days of the veranda are over. And it's all my fault because I wanted to leave the stupid umbrella up. It was nice while it lasted. I knew it was too good to be true. Stupid umbrella.

2 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

I really cannot even comment...I'm too devastated. Please know that my heart is broken for you both.

 
At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart is shattered Jess, this is such a huge shock. You should have gotten insurance for the table. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home