jess's blog

Friday, February 11, 2005

Here Comes Peter Cotton Tail

Hopping down the bunny trail, hippity, hoppity, Easter's on it's way. Except last night I ate the Easter Bunny! Apparently, when I married Matt I took him directly out of the woods and he hasn't quite adapted yet. Wednesday it rained so he went to his boss's camp for the day and low and behold he brought me back a rabbit. A dead rabbit. Part of my wifely duties is to cook the food that my man has so graciously provided for our family. With his help and many tears later (I actually cried most of the time I was cooking it) it turned out alright. It wasn't the worst thing I've ever eaten, but it wasn't anything I'll crave. I will say we made a mean gravy (watch out Mother-In-Law, I'm catching up). As we enter lent and the arrival of the Easter bunny in awaited by many children, I apologize. The Easter Bunny is no longer with us-he's in my belly!!

5 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jess why do you hate me?...and why are you so stinkin weird?...haha

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger robert terrell said...

who was that? peter cotton tail?

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Eric said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Eric said...

i must say that i enjoy rabbit very much and i'm sorry couldn't enjoy this experience to it's fullest

 
At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jessica, this is your favorite cousin Mandy and I just wanted to let you know that you are killing me here. I am sitting at my desk laughing hysterically and everyone thinks I am nuts.
Take Care
Mandy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home