jess's blog

Friday, March 18, 2005

2nd Best Day Ever

Ok, maybe it wasn't the 2nd best day ever, but definitely top 5. Last weekend we had our annual Disciple Now. It's a weekend full of small group Bible studies, eating tons of junk food, and the best recreation ever!! My partner in crime, T. Alan Lusk, and I might have possibly out done ourselves. We did an Amazing Race of sorts. It didn't take place all over the world, but on the campus of LSU. There are towns smaller than this campus, so we took full advantage of vastness of the territory to be covered. There were clues, some harder than others (any LSU student could have solved them), there were tasks to be completed, last but not least, THERE WERE SCOOTERS!!! In order for us to keep up with the groups and get some video footage and overall make sure everything was running smoothly, we needed a mode of transportation that would allow us easy access to all of the stations. T. in all his brilliance suggested renting scooters. Done, we were on a mission to secure 3 scooters. Our biggest concern was the cost (in our minds no cost was too big). After many attempts, the scooters were ours!!! For FREE!! Apparently you can't rent scooters anywhere here in Baton Rouge, so the owner of Baton Rouge scooters, let us use them for free. So as I rode around the campus of LSU with the sun beating at my back, the wind at my face, I couldn't remember a time I felt so free. Trapped only by the fact that the scooter only went 50 m/hr I felt as if I was one of the coolest people around, only companied by my two cohorts, T. and Sarah. I really think that the Youth Ministry should own at least two scooters. It's quite possible that people would be saved by the masses.

2 Comments:

At 5:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not only did it look fun, but you kids just looked so cute...sorry I meant cool!

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger megan kelly said...

it was super cool that you guys had scooters. One time I went to this scavenger hunt/amazing race type event on a college campus and the youth workers also had scooters. The only difference is that these youth workers would fly past the exhausted and aching leaders/groups shouting "sucks to be you......" I'm so glad you and T and Sarah didn't do that. Wait a second...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home