jess's blog

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Do you want fries with that?


Are You Hungry?
Originally uploaded by carlpuentes.
It's not often that I use my blog as a soap box, but since it's my blog I guess I can use it for whatever I want. I was discussing an issue with one of my very wise bosses today that gets me fired up. I mean my blood starts to boil, my head starts spinning and my feelings get hurt. We were talking about church loyalty. You know, going to more than one church. I am a firm believer in you go to a church, you get ministered to at a church and you turn around and minister to others all at the SAME church. It really, really bothers me that people say well I get more out of so and so's sermon, but I really like the worship at such and such. Since when did going to church turn into the foodcourt where you can pick and choose all the good things(not my phrase). I understand that in the big picture we are all a part of the Bride of Christ, but really. Can you honestly tell me that the same church that is pouring into you doesn't need you to pour right back into it? Besides,where do you invest your time, money and heart? Seems to me that your heart has to be divided. Let's just say that there were things about my husband that I didn't like (he is Mr. Wonderful) and John Doe made up for the areas that my sweet husband lacked in. If I entertained the thought of going somewhere else to be fulfilled in areas my husband lacked I would be called an adulterer. I see the church in the same way. There's going to be good and bad in every church because the church is made up of imperfect people. I think you have to stick it out and make it work. The Bride of Christ is beautiful and when you fall in love with it, it somehow meets your needs even when you don't think it can. It does because the Bride Groom is amazing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home